Kimoto Tech is an industry leader in the research, development and application of functional surface coatings, primers and adhesives via a roll-to-roll (R2R) process on a wide range of flexible polymer films, foams, papers, foils and non-wovens.
Kimoto Tech places a great deal of emphasis on understanding the critical parameters of your application and subsequently translates those properties into our coating, laminating and converting solutions.
Within our fully equipped R&D facility, our chemists and technologists bring broad industry experience and focused energy to bear on the needs of customer projects. This team employs a full suite of analytic tools, applies current technologies and scientific creativity to develop solutions that enable the coated substrate to perform as needed. Our R&D pilot coating line is the proving ground for these solutions which then can be translated to our larger commercial lines for production.
Kimoto Tech's comprehensive suite of test equipment includes:
- FTIR and UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Contact Angle and Surface Energy Analysis
- Optical Microscopy with laser to create 3D images
- Particle Distribution Analyzer
- Humidity Chambers
- Accelerate aging and weathering testers
- A multitude of tools to measure optical and mechanical properties of coatings and substrates
Our two commercial lines accommodate a wide array of process capabilities:
- Apply aqueous and solvent coatings
- Offer slot die, Mayer rod and gravure coating methods
- Clean Room environments (Class 10,000 and Class 1,000)
- Web width 8” to 62”
- UV and Thermal drying
- Handle materials from 1 mil up to 15 mil thickness
Throughout the phases of manufacturing a product there is an extensive battery of quality control procedures that are developed to ensure the quality of the subcomponents, the finished goods and provide run-to-run consistency. Our ISO 9001-2008 certification is at the core of these procedures and is supported by our quality management systems.
Leveraging our 60 plus years of experience and knowledge in the coating industry we are uniquely positioned to provide development and manufacturing services for a diverse array of coated flexible materials for specialized customer driven applications. Our “Value Proposition” as a custom coating solutions provider includes:
- Capturing value from initially smaller sized but strategic opportunities
- “Satellite Manufacturing” for products that maybe rationalized but are still contributors
- Pre-production resource for products that need to be validated prior to commercial commitments
- Manufacturing resource for products that require alternative coating methods
- Outsourced manufacturing to help alleviate short or long term capacity issues
Connect with us and let’s share a conversation about your needs and potential solutions we can offer as a “production partner” to add value to your products.