Kimoto offers a range of coated films that provide screenprinters with options for the digital processing of film positives. These films can be imaged with inkjet or toner based printing technologies rather than using cameras, processors and chemicals. Kimodesk and Silkjet are PET based films that go directly from your desktop workflow system to your laser of inkjet printer to make the film positives to burn a screen.
Inkjet Processing – Silkjet UC4 and Silkjet UC5 series films are designed with a 4 mil or 5 mil PET base film, coated with a clear inkjet receptive layer on the first surface and an anti-curl or anti-static layer on the second surface.
Laser Processing – Kimodesk, Kimodesk Premium and Kimodesk Premium Clear series films are designed with a 3 mil or 4 mil PET base, coated with a print receptive layer on the first surface and an anti-stat layer on the second surface.
- Made with durable PET base film to provide outstanding optical qualities, dimensional stability and heat resistance
- Print layer coating provides fine detail and high ink densities
- Anti-curl or anti-static layer provides ease of sheet and roll handling
- Available in sheets or short rolls
- Silkjet SC4 – 4 mil base, accepts dye inks via inkjet printing
- Silkjet SC5 – 5 mil base, accepts Epson UltraChrome Inks and dye inks via inkjet printing
- Kimodesk – 3 mil base, 2 side matte finish, accepts dry toner inks via laser printing
- Kimodesk Premium – 4 mil base, 2 side matte finish, accepts dry toner inks via laser printing
- Kimodesk Premium Clear – 4 mil base, clear/gloss finish, accepts dry toner inks via laser printing