Hardcoated, flexible PET film
Hardcoated Polyester and Polycarbonate Films
Flexiber films were designed in response to needs in the display and touchscreen markets for a flexible material with a durable surface that was mechanically robust and could be processed into downstream protection components.
The functionality continues to evolve and now the PET films offers a hardcoat first surface that incorporates a UV block/filter feature (UV transmission /low b* value) for added protection in outdoor applications.
Our polycarbonate offering provides an anti-glare hardcoat first surface on a UL 94 V-O rated flame-retardant base to meet the needs in rail, aerospace and other transportation signage applications.
Flexiber PET Design Characteristics
- UV transmission of 2.0 +/- 1.0% @ 380nm (ASTM D1003)
- b* value of 2.0 +/- 1.0 (ASTM D2244)
- Second surface adhesion primer
- Scratch resistance on PET base, 2-3H
- Chemical resistance from household cleaners, sanitizers and industrial solvents
- UL recognized base materials
- Surface finishes: gloss, anti-glare and Fine
- PET Film thickness: 5 mil (125 microns), 7 mil (180 microns)
- PC Film thickness: 10 mil (250 micron)
- Protective masking on second surface for protection against dirt/debris and blocking